About Dr. Jay Shenaq
Jay M. Shenaq, M.D., F.A.C.S. is an internationally recognized, board-certified plastic surgeon in Houston, TX. With over 20 years of private practice at Plastic Surgery of Houston, his philosophy of comprehensive, compassionate care has won him the acclaim of thousands of happy patients. Dr. Shenaq is affiliated with the Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City, NY as a respected clinical assistant professor. Houstonia Magazine has named him as one of "Our Best Doctors" and a "Top Doctor," and Houston’s Magazine honored him as one of the "Top Docs for Women" in plastic surgery. Dr. Shenaq is highly experienced in breast surgeries (reconstruction and enhancement), and body contouring procedures, tummy tucks, and facial cosmetic surgery.
Surgical Skills and Training
Dr. Jay Shenaq is a Fellow of the America College of Surgeons and is a board-certified plastic surgeon through the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has a praiseworthy record of clinical experiences and successfully performs cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries for the breasts (augmentations, reductions, lifts, etc.) face (brow lifts, rhinoplasty, facelifts, neck liposuction, etc.), and body (tummy tucks, body lifts, buttocks augmentations, etc.) for women and men. Dr. Shenaq also offers nonsurgical procedures such as chemical peels and CoolSculpting.
After receiving his medical degree, he completed an additional 9 years of advanced surgical training and research from Baylor College of Medicine and Sinai Hospital of Detroit. Dr. Shenaq began practicing medicine in 1997. Today, Dr. Shenaq keeps current with trends in plastic surgery through professional development and regular attendance at national medical conferences. Dr. Shenaq is also a clinical assistant instructor, and he teaches medical students and residents at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York.
Societies & Memberships
Dr. Shenaq is a member of many professional societies, including the two most prestigious in plastic surgery: the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He has held many leadership roles during his career and currently serves on the board of the Harris County Medical Society.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Honors & Awards
As one of the top plastic surgeons in the country and a leader in his field, Dr. Shenaq is award-winning with accolades from respected peers, top industry organizations, medical professionals, and patients throughout his career.
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, 2010
- Houstonia Magazine – Our Best Doctors
- Houstonia Magazine – Top Doctors, 2013
- Houston’s Magazine – Top Docs for Women
- Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Patient’s Choice Award, 2008
- Patient’s Choice Award, 2009
- Patient’s Choice Award, 2010
- Patient’s Choice Award – Five Year Honoree
Renowned Author & Speaker
As an accomplished and internationally recognized researcher, Dr. Shenaq enthusiastically gives talks about national trends in surgical and nonsurgical plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Shenaq has authored numerous innovative articles in multiple medical journals and he has been invited to speak and share his techniques at international surgical conferences
Find Us Online
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: Plastic Surgery of Houston
- Snapchat: PSHHouston